Run Scavenger Hunt
Time & Location
About the Event
Running should be fun, so at Van Run Club, we create events that are fun and keep us active. Come out and be part of the community.
The Run Scavenger Hunt is going to be an easy 30 min social jog in and around Yaletown. We'll give you a set of clues, solve them, take a photo for proof (we're naturally skeptical people :P) and get back in 30 mins.
There will be additional points for creativity, costumes and more. Speed doesn't count for everything.
- 9:25 - Show up at Oxygen Yoga Yaletown
- 9:30 - Groups Break Off - Clues given and 20 mins of Clue Planning/Strategizing
- 9:50 - Group Photo and Hunt Begins
- 10:20 - Finish at Emery Barnes Park
- 10:20+ - Tally points, grab coffee, socialize
- Your team must stay together
- No photo or location can be used for two clues
- You are allowed to use your cellphones on the Scavenger Hunt.
- Every found spot must have a photo with 75% of the members in it, the spot and submitted by one of the group members to the Whatsapp group chat
- Your last clue must be submitted before 30 mins after the start time GCST (Geoff’s Cellphone Standard Time)
- All spots are located in the designated Yaletown area
- Business Trivia - The hint refers to a specific business
- Landmark Trivia - The hint refers to a specific landmark in Yaletown
- Best of Trivia - As a group come up with the best spot or location for the hint. Geoff will choose the photo that he believes has the most creativity, pizazz and accuracy for the category. Yes, this means that the points are subjective to Geoff, so be nice to him. Flattery never hurts either. Overt bribery is frowned upon
- Creativity Points - To balance the scavenger hunt, we’re giving points to groups that are creative.
- Costume Points - Show pride and wear your team colour. Bonus if entire team is wearing the colour.
- Social Posting - One person on your team post an instagram story photo of one hint and tag @vanrunclub and the business for 2 pts. Max 3 photos/posts per group.
- Cheer - Create a team cheer and sing it for Geoff at the end of the Hunt. Max 6 pts
- Time - Come back before time finishes get 5 pts.
- Van Run Club Logo - throughout the course there will be logos chalked onto the ground, take a photo of it (only 2 members required)
- Above and Beyond Points - Geoff reserves the right to give out an unlimited amount of above and beyond points to a team(s) that he deems goes above and beyond.
Trivia Points (25pts total):
- Business Trivia - 1pt/hint - 5pts total
- Landmark Trivia - 1pt/hint - 5pts total
- Best of Trivia - 1pt/hint - 5pts total + 2pts for Geoff's choosen best of photo
Creativity Points (25pts total):
- Costumes/ Team Colour - 1pt/person wearing team colours + double points for everyone wearing team colours
- Social Posting - 2pts/instagram story tagging business + Van Run Club - Max 3 photos per team
- Cheer - Max 6pts - Geoff's discretion
- Timing - Come back before the end (30 mins past the start GCST)
Van Run Club Logo (5pts): Find the freshly chalked Van Run Club logo on the course - 1pt/logo - 5pts total
Above and Beyond Points: Unlimited - see above for description.
Due to Covid, the official event is limited but if you're on the waitlist, we'll send you the Scavenger Hunt List and you can do it for fun on your own.
Hope to see ya soon,
Photo credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/knoxcollege/29799269731/
- Run Scavenger Hunt$0$00$0
- Van Run Club Hero Ticket$0$00$0
- Waitlist - Run Scavenger Hunt$0$00$0